Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I was caught out by the direction of the shadows there. I did search Cockermouth but I was looking at N-S-ish. The Street View car must have gone along there in the late afternoon.

View attachment 640358

I wanted to be really devious and post South Street; the road that runs parallel to Main Street, but couldn't find an angle that got the road and a clear view of this weather vane...
It's been like that since the clock tower was built :wacko:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
This is in Cheshire. It's a quintassential ride.
View attachment 640360
Name that road.

A quintessential Cheshire ride might be the Mountains of Macc loop, but having scooted round there with no joy I started thinking the clue might be 'quint' and looked for 'five lane ends' or 'five acres lane' ...also with no joy.

GuyBoden

Guru
A quintessential Cheshire ride might be the Mountains of Macc loop, but having scooted round there with no joy I started thinking the clue might be 'quint' and looked for 'five lane ends' or 'five acres lane' ...also with no joy.
Yes, you're very close, I purposely, misspelled the word quintessential in my post. It's not the name of the road, but it's close to the road. Look at the picture.:okay:

GuyBoden

Guru
Well done, it's Bernard Lovell's house called "Quinta" in Swettenham, the instigator of the Lovell Radio Telescope at Jodrell Bank.:okay:

His Arboretum is nice too.

Over to you.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I saw that there was a company called Quint based in Nether Alderley so I was looking round there!

Top Bottom