Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
ditto its doesn't look like the cinder track or the Rosedale ironstone mines and NY moors steam railway doesnt get near any roads like that

Buck

Guru
I’ll give you a small clue later this evening….

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I’ll give you a small clue later this evening….

Nah, don't bother... :okay:

Birks Lane.jpg

Birk's Lane! (Near Penistone.)

Last edited:

Buck

Guru
That's the one - well done Colin!

@MontyVeda is correct in that there is a disused railway embankment there - this is part of the TransPennine Trail.

You turn left at the junction and the road carries on up over the TPT onto the top where those trees are on the horizon.

Over to you @ColinJ

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I suspected the TPT as soon as Monty spotted the embankment. (I was looking at my phone screen, which is a waste of time for picking out details.)

I haven't ridden just there. I have ridden past the TPT at Dunford Bridge and had a look there, but that was obviously not it. I just scanned along the route of the line on my OS map until I spotted a likely-looking junction nearby.

Ok, here's my next one. I hope that I haven't done it before, but it is getting harder and harder not to repeat myself...

I have 2 clues lined up but I will wait 24 hours before giving you the first one, if you need it.

Name That Road #34.jpg

I can't find a name for it, so just... Locate That Road!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I suspected the TPT as soon as Monty spotted the embankment. (I was looking at my phone screen, which is a waste of time for picking out details.)

I haven't ridden just there. I have ridden past the TPT at Dunford Bridge and had a look there, but that was obviously not it. I just scanned along the route of the line on my OS map until I spotted a likely-looking junction nearby.

Ok, here's my next one. I hope that I haven't done it before, but it is getting harder and harder not to repeat myself...

I have 2 clues lined up but I will wait 24 hours before giving you the first one, if you need it.

View attachment 645090

I can't find a name for it, so just... Locate That Road!

Looks familiar and it has a west Lake District feel about it. But don’t have time to have a look around right now.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Those 24 hours are getting longer every year.:laugh:

Oops, sorry!

It is in a national park but I won't tell you which one it is or isn't.

slow scot

Veteran
I think it’s Scotland, which makes it Loch Lomond And Trossachs national park. If I’m right (and it’s not often I am) then the hills should be the Crianlarich range.
But I can’t work out where the road is, assuming, and it is just an assumption, that I am correct.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

piece of moorland and hills / mountains is in a national park - no really Colin:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I'll check back i another 24 hours...

Well, I am sure that there are some places like that which are NOT! :okay:

Tell you what. I will give you clue #2 as well because I am off to explore Devon and might be even less attentive over the next few days.

The picture was taken at an elevation of over 500 m but was still not quite at the summit.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Top Bottom