Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
This should be easy.
NTR11.png

Name that road.

Venod

Eh up
Name that road.

Legh Road Knutsford, found with Google Image.

1654102899304.png

GuyBoden

Guru
Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Great, I knew it would be easy, well done, over to you.

There are a lot of images of the building on the internet.

They are known as the Richard Harding Watt Italianate buildings, there are quite a few in and around Knutsford.
https://manchestervictorianarchitects.org.uk/architects/richard-harding-watt

This is one of my favourite pics of the building:
View attachment 647180

What surprised me is how many buildings in a similar style there are in Knutsford (reverse image search lead me there). I'd looked at three contenders on Google maps before finding the right one (but didn't post because enjoyable as it is, this thread takes up a lot of time). Knutsford to me is just a place near the M6 that sounds kind of bland. I had no idea just how affluent it is :eek:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
What surprised me is how many buildings in a similar style there are in Knutsford (reverse image search lead me there). I'd looked at three contenders on Google maps before finding the right one (but didn't post because enjoyable as it is, this thread takes up a lot of time). Knutsford to me is just a place near the M6 that sounds kind of bland. I had no idea just how affluent it is :eek:

We see a lot of signs of affluence on our Cheshire forum ride***! There must be a lot of Premier League footballers living out there...

*** Which will be taking place again this year, subject to rail services running. I'll start thinking about that ride after the coming Garforth one has been completed. That itself is under threat from rail strikes.

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
OK I think a clue wouldn't go amiss it used to be in Yorkshire until 1974 now it's not.

Attachments

• 1654331214574.png
    1654331214574.png
    192.5 KB · Views: 3

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
OK I think a clue wouldn't go amiss it used to be in Yorkshire until 1974 now it's not.

that to me suggests the corner of Cumbria that used to be part of the west riding of Yorkshire; Sedbergh, Dent area. But i can't find it so I'm probably in the wrong bit of 'former Yorkshire'

Top Bottom