Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
1658314947206.png

tornado or large transmitter mast?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
The skyline to the right reminds me of Ingleborough, but the chances of NTR being one of the few northern geological structures I know, is remote. Too busy to dig out the maps anyway.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
it's not ingleborough, i'm fairly certain of that.

first i thought it was looking down into Rossendale but couldn't find a match there.

I reckon it's within a few hours ride of Colin's home turf though.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The 'tornado' (mast) was carefully included to act as a clue. I also made sure that you could see the development in the valley. Both of those have already been noticed.

I thought that the flat-topped hill in the distance was a particular one, but I have been checking the OS map and I think it is actually a different hill, a big one that I have mentioned before in this thread. The hill that I was thinking of may be the shadowy one just visible in the background on the far right.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

At last!

I thought that @Sea of vapours might spot it since we are including it on this year's Dales/West Yorkshire ride... :whistle: (Which reminds me - come on you lot, we need more people to come and join us on it!)

At first, I thought the flat-topped hill in the distance might be Pendle Hill, but now I suspect that it is in fact Lad Law/Boulsworth Hill?

Over to you again, Guy.

I thought that @Sea of vapours might spot it since we are including it on this year's Dales/West Yorkshire ride... :whistle:
Well I just might have done if the tense was different. i.e. if we had been along it on this year's ride ! Not a road I've been on before, nor even an area, so I didn't recognise the skyline either. I shall look forward to you noting it when we pass that point next Saturday though :smile:

GuyBoden

Guru
At last!

I thought that @Sea of vapours might spot it since we are including it on this year's Dales/West Yorkshire ride... :whistle: (Which reminds me - come on you lot, we need more people to come and join us on it!)

At first, I thought the flat-topped hill in the distance might be Pendle Hill, but now I suspect that it is in fact Lad Law/Boulsworth Hill?

Over to you again, Guy.

I read your post yesterday, so the NTR was in Yorkshire looking towards Lancashire hills near a mast on the left. Too many clues made it very easy.

Also, there's too many hills on your Dales ride for me, I'd probably have a heart attack getting up the hill out of Settle.:tongue:

Top Bottom