Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Q1: What is the name of the road?

:whistle:

Mike_P

Guru
Is there a web site of cr*p NCNs (in a road bike sense) as that ones looks not that good, a prime candidate for why NCN signs should have some indication of the type of bike they are suitable for.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Is there a web site of cr*p NCNs (in a road bike sense) as that ones looks not that good, a prime candidate for why NCN signs should have some indication of the type of bike they are suitable for.

Yeah the Sustrans maps are absolutely crap on this point too. No idea if you're getting smooth tarmac or full-sus MTB rocks.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Got it straight away, it drops down to Stow on the Wold

https://maps.app.goo.gl/5d4ABdjuFPcpw2wA6?g_st=ic

spot on, well it must go up to Stow as Stow is at the top of the hill:laugh:

as well as being NCN 48, its also the Monarch's Way, which is a long distance byway which I have ridden on there, and in the south downs. its allegedly the route the previous King Charles went on whilst fleeing Cromwell.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
spot on, well it must go up to Stow as Stow is at the top of the hill:laugh:

as well as being NCN 48, its also the Monarch's Way, which is a long distance byway which I have ridden on there, and in the south downs. its allegedly the route the previous King Charles went on whilst fleeing Cromwell.

I’ve normally stuck to road then dropped down on A429 , but looking at course the track goes up as well. I knew where it was straight away as I run a 400 km audax going that way and I looked at the track whilst deciding on my routing.

Right time to dig out a road. I now wished I’d taken a picture of a road I was on, on Tuesday now, as it would have been perfect for this thread.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Here we go, name this road

F992C07B-BA71-4715-B742-C2892A7082A6.jpeg

Top Bottom