Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Thanks @robjh. It was the black and white barrier that convinced me I was on the right road. Also there's an extra thick fence post (just out of shot on the view I eventually posted) which matches the one in your picture. Who needs views!

Anyway, this one should give you all a chance. It's a long time since I've been there with a bike:

NTR97.jpg

robjh

Legendary Member
Thanks @robjh. It was the black and white barrier that convinced me I was on the right road. Also there's an extra thick fence post (just out of shot on the view I eventually posted) which matches the one in your picture. Who needs views!

Anyway, this one should give you all a chance. It's a long time since I've been there with a bike:

View attachment 670826

It's at the northern end of Llyn Brianne, approaching from the Devil's Staircase direction and going south

https://maps.app.goo.gl/3ikNdY652kVW39Zr7

IMG_20221211_224441.jpg

As soon as I saw it I had a hunch I'd been there, and just looked around Llyn Brianne until I found a bridge.

Last edited:

robjh

Legendary Member
The last couple of pictures (and the resulting searches) remind me that I really must go back to Wales with my bike!

Trouble is - I don't drive, and last time the Welsh trains were a nightmare. Perhaps I'll catch a train to Chester and ride over from there...

It's well worth it Colin. Once you're at Chester you've got the whole N Wales coast railway line too, which runs by the sea and is worth doing for its own sake. Also Shrewsbury is a good point of entry.

slow scot

Veteran
Or the Old Military Road at Glensheil?

robjh

Legendary Member
You are correct See: https://cyclinguphill.com/100-climbs/the-lecht/

But to claim your right to post the next one I think you need to be a bit more specific, and post a pic from gurgle maps.

I’m pretty sure it’s near the top heading towards Tomintoul.
Being useless with computers I don’t know how to do links. If I’m correct, however, I do have a photo of a road I can post.
Yes, I agree that the glory goes to @slow scot (or in fact very quick Scot in this case).
Over to you!

Top Bottom