Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slow scot

Veteran
I must apologise. I did have a photo to post, but somehow or other only half the picture appears when I try to post it. It was rather a nice one too!!
So I’ll have to back out and let someone else post.

slow scot

Veteran
Hi. I think I now have the photo, or most of it.

6738AA32-B28E-44FE-B3AE-112AD3F7DECB.jpeg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's well worth it Colin. Once you're at Chester you've got the whole N Wales coast railway line too, which runs by the sea and is worth doing for its own sake.
The railway line was great last time I went... It was the trains that were the problem! Massively overcrowded and we struggled to get our bikes on...

The Lecht?
That's one that I would have got instantly. A friend had an almost identical photo on his kitchen wall and I remember asking him where it was taken.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
The railway line was great last time I went... It was the trains that were the problem! Massively overcrowded and we struggled to get our bikes on...

That's one that I would have got instantly. A friend had an almost identical photo on his kitchen wall and I remember asking him where it was taken.

The line down through the Welsh Borders (Shrewsbury/Church Stretton/Abergavenny) is also excellent for access to Wales and when I've used it never busy.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm certain I've got the right road, but can't for the life of me find the exact spot with the passing place on the left

edit... Got it!
b890.jpg

the mountain on the left looks a lot like Saddleback in the Lakes... which reminded me i had that same thought on a trip to Eriskay in the Outer Hebrides.

Last edited:

slow scot

Veteran
I'm certain I've got the right road, but can't for the life of me find the exact spot with the passing place on the left

edit... Got it!
View attachment 670861

the mountain on the left looks a lot like Saddleback in the Lakes... which reminded me i had that same thought on a trip to Eriskay in the Outer Hebrides.

Well spotted. It’s the small dead end road leading down to Loch Sgioport on South Uist. It’s one of the nicest 6 or 7 kilometres I’ve ever ridden in Scotland.
For a clue I was going to add that the hill on the left might yell abuse at you as you ride past. It’s called “Hecla”.

Top Bottom