Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
While you are thinking about the current road, here is a short distraction...

Where's the last bit of pavé? Looks well worth a visit...

I wouldn't try down, but it's on my list for up now. Harder than Trooper Lane?
I just found this video of the top of the Buttress climb.

(I started to ride DOWN that bit, chickened out, braked, and fell off! :laugh:)

robjh

Legendary Member
Er, no... :whistle:

Okay - surprise, surprise - it is somewhere in Yorkshire!

If that doesn't help in the next day or so, then I will summarise what you can see and what I have hinted at...

I was looking in East Yorkshire, as that doesn't look like the Dales. Found a lot of nice climbs in the Wolds that I'd like to try one day, but not the one in Colin's picture.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Warm, but not hot!

geocycle

Legendary Member
Ooh, that picture sent my memory running! I think it featured on my first cycle camping tour aged 15 with my mate. He was on a Carlton with 10 gears, I was on my 5 speed Viking superstar. If it’s the one I think it is I recall the climb and dismounting backwards as the front wheel lifted. The heavy stuff was in home made panniers on the back!

GuyBoden

Guru
Ooh, that picture sent my memory running! I think it featured on my first cycle camping tour aged 15 with my mate. He was on a Carlton with 10 gears, I was on my 5 speed Viking superstar. If it’s the one I think it is I recall the climb and dismounting backwards as the front wheel lifted. The heavy stuff was in home made panniers on the back!

so, @geocycle you are thinking, "a first camping trip to Castle Howard. Also remember rides around Pickering and edge of NY Moors.":okay:

Top Bottom