Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Here’s mine, @Venod i think you’re in with a chance!
OK I'll have a guess,

Whipperdale Road eventually passing Grinton YH, in my previous pic then down into Grinton and across The Swale, lovely area for cycling.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
OK I'll have a guess,

Whipperdale Road eventually passing Grinton YH, in my previous pic then down into Grinton and across The Swale, lovely area for cycling.
Correct, taken about a mile from your previous photo!
For me Probably the most beautiful area in England.
Your go.

Venod

Eh up
Correct, taken about a mile from your previous photo!
For me Probably the most beautiful area in England.
Your go.
The first time you posted it I thought that looks like the descent into Grinton, then when you gave me the clue, I guessed I was right, but I thought give someone else a chance I seem to be hogging the thread, I did give Yukon Boy a clue but he went down the wrong dale :smile:.

Here's another easy one.

Venod

Eh up
I'm trying to think of a conical hill with other hills around, plus that flat area... Is that the Ribble Valley down there?
No not The Ribble Valley.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Apologies for the pedantry, but I thought this thread required pictures you took whilst out on a road, rather than Google images of a road you have ridden?
That was my original idea, yes! I think the problem is that people are running out of photos...

I used to carry a camera in a little bar bag and it only took me a couple of seconds to whip that out for a snap. These days I just use my phone. Unfortunately, that is carried in a drybag in a small rucksack. Taking 1 minute rather than 10 seconds may not seem a big differencee but it seems to be enough to deter me a lot of the time.

I suppose I could carry the phone in a back pocket, since it is in a bag anyway, which should stop the phone camera misting up from sweat. (On our rides together @Littgull has taken quite a few photos which ended up ruined by a misted-up lens.)

Venod

Eh up
Is it Roseberry Topping near Great Ayton in the distance.

Yes it is Roseberry Topping, with that knowledge who will be the first to get the road, it is a google image although I have ridden the road several times in both directions, I don't stop for many pictures and the ones I have at races etc would be very hard to guess, but I will try and find one not from google if I get another right.

Top Bottom