Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
Let's go for a wide open moorland one.

swansonj

Guru
I'm thinking maybe Cheviots? I found one road that is not the right one but has close enough to the right character to give me some mild hope?
1614243084856.png

One of the joys of this game is that you discover on Streetview all sorts of roads that make you think "I just have to cycle this for real sometime".

robjh

Legendary Member
I'm thinking maybe Cheviots? I found one road that is not the right one but has close enough to the right character to give me some mild hope?
View attachment 575653

One of the joys of this game is that you discover on Streetview all sorts of roads that make you think "I just have to cycle this for real sometime".
You are approximately in the right region of the UK, but not necessarily in the right hills!

robjh

Legendary Member
There are just about enough features in the photo to identify it on streetview when you get that far.

robjh

Legendary Member
Could it be between Rookhope and Townfield?

I can see the back of a triangular roadsign down the road and a bit of a passing place on the left but the rest is all generic moorland.
View attachment 575724
View attachment 575725
Spot on ! You can see the same area of gravel on the left, the same road sign, and the same ribbon of road curling away to the right after the drop. I was up there on a November's day 2 years ago and the space and the silence were magnificent.

Over to you.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
A nice easy one. This will be instantly recognisable to some, but there are a number of clues for non-locals. My bike is front right.
1614276111534.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Told you it was an easy one. Taken on Saturday. Other clues were the 410 bus and the Giant dealership. I cropped the G off Giant and edited out the words Crystal Palace underneath it because that would just be too much of a giveaway.

Over to you @Tribansman

Tribansman

Veteran
Another nice easy one with plenty of clues...

Taken from Google Streetview as most of my ride pics tend to have only slivers of road in them at best

Edit: in case it's not obvious, the grey splodge is where I've blocked out a signpost!

Ntr2.jpg

Top Bottom