Games to play on a Wahoo Kickr?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bikelady

Hi! My husband is in the process of buying a Wahoo kickr but the only apps I can find for it are linked to logging distance and power etc or racing against other people in a pretend race. What I'm looking for are games. I had a tetris type game at the gym on an exercise bike and I found that a really good incentive to cycle. I have a rowing game at the gym where I have to row quicker to make sure the sharks don't eat my fish!!! Call me simple but these games are the incentive I need to cycle. Do you know of any that would be able to link with the wahoo kickr 2015? Thanks for your help, in advance!

CXRAndy

Guru
The main platforms are Zwift, Trainer Road, Bkool, BigrinBigVR, RoadGrandtours. The manufacturers of the trainer's have training sessions as well. look at wahoo have to offer. Most of us use racing or strict training platform like 'Trainer Road'.

Zwift has training, social, racing and casual riding. look at Zwiftpower for times of events. you can also download Zwift link app with the same list plus other social elements. Best to make cycle friends and find others you know who use Zwift aswell. Join Strava aswell and see people you link up with post their rides

OP
OP
Bikelady

Bikelady

The main platforms are Zwift, Trainer Road, Bkool, BigrinBigVR, RoadGrandtours. The manufacturers of the trainer's have training sessions as well. look at wahoo have to offer. Most of us use racing or strict training platform like 'Trainer Road'.

Zwift has training, social, racing and casual riding. look at Zwiftpower for times of events. you can also download Zwift link app with the same list plus other social elements. Best to make cycle friends and find others you know who use Zwift aswell. Join Strava aswell and see people you link up with post their rides
Thanks so much, Andy, but what I'm after is games not competition with other riders. I just don't think there's anything out there? Thanks for your information though xx

You could do a Zwift workout without Erg Mode turned on. Workouts don't have to be hard or scary - they scale with your FTP (Functional Threshold Power - i.e. how strong a rider you are) so they're suitable for all. By default the Kickr will engage Erg Mode which will alter the resistance to ensure that however fast or slow you pedal your wattage output is as per the workout plan. For every step of a workout completed to plan, you get a gold star, so on a trainer without Erg Mode the challenge is to follow the instructions closely enough to earn a full set of gold stars. Sounds trivial, I know, but when my wife is on the Kickr and I use the Elite (which doesn't have Erg Mode) the workouts just fly by while I'm concentrating on earning my stars!

OP
OP
Bikelady

Bikelady

You could do a Zwift workout without Erg Mode turned on. Workouts don't have to be hard or scary - they scale with your FTP (Functional Threshold Power - i.e. how strong a rider you are) so they're suitable for all. By default the Kickr will engage Erg Mode which will alter the resistance to ensure that however fast or slow you pedal your wattage output is as per the workout plan. For every step of a workout completed to plan, you get a gold star, so on a trainer without Erg Mode the challenge is to follow the instructions closely enough to earn a full set of gold stars. Sounds trivial, I know, but when my wife is on the Kickr and I use the Elite (which doesn't have Erg Mode) the workouts just fly by while I'm concentrating on earning my stars!
I like the sound of stars!!!!!! Thank you!

OP
OP
Bikelady

Bikelady

I mount my ipad on my handlebars. So if you did the same you could play whatever game you liked whilst you pedal.
Thanks YukonBoy, but that won't make my legs pedal faster! I'm amazed that there isn't anything out there already? There's a gap in the market. Dragon's Den here I come!

Top Bottom