Garden project.......ideas/suggestions wanted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Underground bike storage?

Wine cellar?

Given you've got everything else people normally have already ... :whistle:

PK99

Legendary Member
The pond is going to be filled in. Various reasons but its going in about 3 weeks.
Size is approx 12' x 5'.
As photo shows its adjacent to a shrubery on one side and (poor) grass on the other.
I could simply grass it but would like to see something for the effort.
I dont need it to be 'on the cheap'.
Any/all suggestions welcome**
**apart from burying someone face down to park my bike etc. View attachment 473586

In exactly that situation for a design client. I had the pond drained, base broken with a Jack hammer. 6 inches of gravel in the bottom, fill with good topsoil plus conditioner, plant with roses.

Hey Preston, for minimal cost a Very effective formal feature.

classic33

Leg End Member
Is it a natural water supply feeding the pond?

In exactly that situation for a design client. I had the pond drained, base broken with a Jack hammer. 6 inches of gravel in the bottom, fill with good topsoil plus conditioner, plant with roses.

A Lancashire Garden?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member

Are you saying you brought it up level with the garden or left it sunken ?

classic33

Leg End Member
Improve security
images-1.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
18" deep going to approx 3'6"
:eek: That's a lot of hole to fill

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The pond is going to be filled in. Various reasons but its going in about 3 weeks.
Size is approx 12' x 5'.
As photo shows its adjacent to a shrubery on one side and (poor) grass on the other.
I could simply grass it but would like to see something for the effort.
I dont need it to be 'on the cheap'.
Any/all suggestions welcome**
**apart from burying someone face down to park my bike etc. View attachment 473586

No ideas from me but I'm interested in what you eventually do as we have a similar sized pond (home to a zillion noisy frogs) that is going to be filled in next year once I summon up some enthusiasm and the requisite energy.

Note to any CC Frogists: no frogs will be harmed during this exercise - they will all be relocated. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
No ideas from me but I'm interested in what you eventually do as we have a similar sized pond (home to a zillion noisy frogs) that is going to be filled in next year once I summon up some enthusiasm and the requisite energy.

Note to any CC Frogists: no frogs will be harmed during this exercise - they will all be relocated. :thumbsup:
Fish have already been promised a new home.
Frogs will be eaten.
Joke
Plenty of garden and shrubs plus a stream at the back.

Top Bottom