Garden visitors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
We have at least two, possibly 3, hedgehogs that come and see us to have their dinner each evening, here's a pic I took a couple of minutes ago,
20180802_222806.jpg

And here's one from a couple of nights ago.
20180731_223423.jpg

Someone has been ripping the bin bags open recently too and I think I've found the culprit;
20180728_212137.jpg

20180728_212203.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
The top one is Great Uncle Bulgaria.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I keep looking out to see if any of ours are out there. Don't forget some water. Ours have made straight for that a few times recently and only had something to eat afterwards.
I make sure there's a container of some description out there with water for them, not an issue at the moment mind as it's been pissing down.

BSOh

Über Member
We have counted at least four visitors a night in our garden. They all have their own little routines in terms of times and routes to the feeding area in the garden. They are quite comical to watch, my other half is loving tracking their nightly exploits :laugh:

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
We have counted at least four visitors a night in our garden. They all have their own little routines in terms of times and routes to the feeding area in the garden. They are quite comical to watch, my other half is loving tracking their nightly exploits :laugh:
They're cracking little creatures hedgehogs, so long as they keep eating the slugs and snails as well as what I'm giving them we wont have any argument.

They're cracking little creatures hedgehogs, so long as they keep eating the slugs and snails as well as what I'm giving them we wont have any argument.

Nearly an urban myth about slugs and snails. They'll generally eat anything but slugs and snails (can't blame them) and only eat them if they're starving. Still cute though (hogs).

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Hope that's spikes dinner and not cat food...^_^

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Nearly an urban myth about slugs and snails. They'll generally eat anything but slugs and snails (can't blame them) and only eat them if they're starving. Still cute though (hogs).
Is that right? Well, I've learnt something tonight.

winjim

Smash the cistern
No hedgehogs that I've seen round here but I do enjoy sitting out in the evening and watching the bats.

ETA: I haven't tried but I imagine the chances of me getting a half decent photograph of a fluttering bat in the twilight are close to zero.

Last edited:
Top Bottom