Garden visitors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
All we get in our garden are the neighbours bloody cats! They like to come round for a sh*t!

I thought they liked to grub about in flower beds and leave little gifts there? These ones just do it in the middle of our lawn!! Great when the mower hits it!!

I'm tied between thinking about them as someones fluffy little pet or as legitimate targets for annihilation! The jury is still out but, next time I have to fetch a shovel and plastic bag, that might change!!!

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Not all garden visitors are welcome. Chihuahua owners aren't very well disposed towards sea gulls wr the moment.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Not all garden visitors are welcome. Chihuahua owners aren't very well disposed towards sea gulls wr the moment.

I heard about that. A full took it away.

Probably ate in one one gulp, and that's no exaggeration.

A few thoughts on this one: raptors are often capable of carrying their own bodyweight or more - a female Sparrowhawk carrying a Woodpigeon, for example.
Gulls don't have talons; they have to carry stuff in their beaks, which immediately puts them at a disadvantage. They'd struggle to carry half their bodyweight in this way, I reckon. The chihuahua was reported as being a four year old weighing 2kg. Adult Herring Gulls have a maximum weight of around 1.5kg. Chihuahuas can be spite-filled little bundles, with sharp teeth and not reticent about using them - it's not quite the same as nicking some unsuspecting grockle's fish supper. No witnesses apart from the owner's boyfriend who was putting out the washing(!) - did he step on the fluffy turd-dispenser and concoct a story to cover up his misdemeanour? Is the little yapper even missing, or was this just a story to get more publicity for her pouting selfie?

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
A few thoughts on this one: raptors are often capable of carrying their own bodyweight or more - a female Sparrowhawk carrying a Woodpigeon, for example.
Gulls don't have talons; they have to carry stuff in their beaks, which immediately puts them at a disadvantage. They'd struggle to carry half their bodyweight in this way, I reckon. The chihuahua was reported as being a four year old weighing 2kg. Adult Herring Gulls have a maximum weight of around 1.5kg. Chihuahuas can be spite-filled little bundles, with sharp teeth and not reticent about using them - it's not quite the same as nicking some unsuspecting grockle's fish supper. No witnesses apart from the owner's boyfriend who was putting out the washing(!) - did he step on the fluffy turd-dispenser and concoct a story to cover up his misdemeanour? Is the little yapper even missing, or was this just a story to get more publicity for her pouting selfie?
Yeah, I can't see there's any way a gull carried a chihuahua away, deeply suspicious and I know they can swallow a fair size pasty in one go, but a dog? :headshake:

Bianchi boy

Über Member
2017-05-18 14.30.41.jpg

Bianchi boy

Über Member
Aww, i shared my oats energy bar with one not long ago

Gary E

Veteran

Well that's all very well but, what we all want to know is...... what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Swallow (European obviously)?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll sit at the back and think about what I've done for bit :shy:

The only thing we get in our garden are small birds. Sparrows, and the occasional pigeon or collared dove.
I have been feeding the birds daily for about 3 years, and this morning, at one time, I counted 20 sparrows, either on the feeder or grubbing around on the lawn after last night's rain. By far the most I have seen at one time.
It explains why the birds get through a whole feeder full of food every day. Fill it up after my breakfast, and it's all gone by tea time.....

Top Bottom