Garden Waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I will move on when i decide to or a mod tells me to ,

that is exactly my point
so nothing about the thread subject then?? just came here to post towards the poster ( against rules ) rather than adding to the thread.....

now people can see why posts become abusive, breakdown and or degenerate into argument.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
There have been lots of relevant, informative, well reasoned and accurate posts made in this thread by multiple posters, yet you choose to ignore all of these and take an almost solitary contrary view and deride them all as a childish personal attack on yourself. Maybe it's time you re-read the thread and digested some of the excellent and valid points that have been made rather than having a public tantrum?

so nothing about the thread subject then?? just came here to post towards the poster ( against rules ) rather than adding to the thread.....

now people can see why posts become abusive, breakdown and or degenerate into argument.

No point me posting my thoughts on the subject matter as they are pretty much the same as many others you have disagreed with.

IF any of my posts break forum rules, and if they are reported then i am sure a moderator will deal with them accordingly, thats the way it works, i have not attacked you personally or called you names , i simply said ....well you know what i said , its there for all to see.

now i am not going to tell you what to do because obviously , i cant , but i will make a suggestion, if you dont like the way the thread is going , rather than asking for it to be closed , i am sure it would be just as easy to ignore it.

there, you see point made , no insults , no personal attacks towards another poster , easy innit

OP
OP
J

jowwy

No point me posting my thoughts on the subject matter as they are pretty much the same as many others you have disagreed with.

IF any of my posts break forum rules, and if they are reported then i am sure a moderator will deal with them accordingly, thats the way it works, i have not attacked you personally or called you names , i simply said ....well you know what i said , its there for all to see.

now i am not going to tell you what to do because obviously , i cant , but i will make a suggestion, if you dont like the way the thread is going , rather than asking for it to be closed , i am sure it would be just as easy to ignore it.

there, you see point made , no insults , no personal attacks towards another poster , easy innit
and if your not happy with the thread...you can do the same

no insults, personal attacks or other needed....easy innit

enjoy the rest of your day

OP
OP
J

jowwy

There have been lots of relevant, informative, well reasoned and accurate posts made in this thread by multiple posters, yet you choose to ignore all of these and take an almost solitary contrary view and deride them all as a childish personal attack on yourself. Maybe it's time you re-read the thread and digested some of the excellent and valid points that have been made rather than having a public tantrum?
not said that at all.....just someone decided to call me nuts. some of the points are not valid at all, some are, to which i have pressed LIKE

some are just posts at me, rather than the thread itself.

enjoy your day skol.....have a skol on me, next time you have one :okay:

and if your not happy with the thread...you can do the same

Thank for permission to do the same , even though i dont need( unless you have become a moderator and i hadn't noticed) or want it , of course i could ignore it but the difference being I am not unhappy with the thread and have not stated as such, where as you have asked for it to be closed, told another poster to start their own thread , supposition on my part but i would guess that is because you are not happy with it, and yet you continue with a thread that wish was closed,...... i wonder why.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Thank for permission to do the same , even though i dont need( unless you have become a moderator and i hadn't noticed) or want it , of course i could ignore it but the difference being I am not unhappy with the thread and have not stated as such, where as you have asked for it to be closed, told another poster to start their own thread , supposition on my part but i would guess that is because you are not happy with it, and yet you continue with a thread that wish was closed,...... i wonder why.
just replying to people who quote my posts...which i think is good manners, ignoring you would make me look ignorant. im happy either way of the post stays open or closed.

if your happy with the post, then hooray, enjoy the thread. But post about the subject rather than just ranting at me :okay:

But post about the subject rather than just ranting at me :okay:

now , you see you are doing it again, you do not get to decide what i post, only moderators can do that , why not report my posts if you think they dont comply with forum rules, let them decide, i have not insulted you or any other poster in this thread in any way,

please point out where i have ranted at you.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
.....just someone decided to call me nuts.
For goodness sakes Jowwy, it was me, you can say it and not keep beating about the bush. You know it was me that said it and you are replying to me. I can take it and won't cry.

Now that you have started this ludicrous and pointless argument with most of the people that have contributed to the thread don't go all coy and start acting as though you haven't been the one disagreeing and dismissing everyone else's opinion despite all the perfectly reasoned AND CORRECT comment explaining why you are wrong.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

For goodness sakes Jowwy, it was me, you can say it and not keep beating about the bush. You know it was me that said it and you are replying to me. I can take it and won't cry.

Now that you have started this ludicrous and pointless argument with most of the people that have contributed to the thread don't go all coy and start acting as though you haven't been the one disagreeing and dismissing everyone else's opinion despite all the perfectly reasoned AND CORRECT comment explaining why you are wrong.
i have done or said no such thing

have a skol on me :okay:

ps my ignore list is getting longer........

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just to get back on topic and summarise the thread, for anyone else that falls into this rabbit hole....

How do you dispose of your garden waste?

Some people go the DIY route, either by taking it to civic waste sites or with a localised council collection service. (Some get regular collections included in their council tax, some have to pay a supplement and some have to arrange specific, one-off collections). Others don't do all their own garden maintenance and will pay a contractor to carry out the work and dispose of the spoils.

The OP then gave an anecdotal(?) example of a gardening job that included an unspecified amount of work and an unknown number of additional services but cost £180, which the OP then went on to describe as being unreasonably expensive.

The thread then, not unnaturally, drifted onto the topic of fair pay rates for tradesmen and the associated costs of providing that service. The topic of fly-tipping was also discussed as this can be a problem with cowboy tradesmen or workers trying to make a living at the bottom end of a competitive market.

The general consensus reached by most of the contributors is that some people are happy to do the work and get rid of any waste responsibly in their own time, and that's good because it can be enjoyable, rewarding and we all need a hobby, while other people are either short of the ability, time or inclination to DIY and would rather pay someone else to do the work and tidy up afterwards. This is also good as it creates a job for someone, but don't be surprised if the costs are a bit more than you might think because there are many and varied costs involved that only become apparent once you are not providing your labour for free and disposing of your domestic waste legitimately via your councils domestic refuse collection service or civic collection sites.

There, I think that covers the 13 pages so far?

Drago

Legendary Member
Ours is free...but for how long?

Our district council was always well run and in the black. The neighbouring council was quite badly run, and one of the first in the UK to actually run out of money. As a result the two have been forcibly merged, and theyre now talking about charging us for garden waste removal to "level up" with the new council area with which theyve merged where the residents have to pay.

It clearly never occured to them to level up by letting the newcomers have it for free like we always have...

I expect it will become chargeable and we'll start seeing it dumped at the roadside instead, which is ckeatly far cheaper to clear up. Not.

potsy

Rambler
When I had some work done last year the cost quoted for removal was very high, £150+ so I decided to do it myself.
Took me 3 or 4 weeks of completely filling my green bin, but at least it was then collected by the council.
Might as well get some value out of the council tax :becool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom