Gardeners!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
[QUOTE 5355455, member: 9609"]what is in the ready made brush in stuff ?

I once tried that with 4:1 dry soft sand cement, visually it seemed to work OK and seemed a nice easy solution - but a few months later I power washed the area and half my pointing was blasted out. I have since done the job properly.[/QUOTE]

Halfords Finest - it stinks. Was noticeable yesterday but worse today.

Sika Pave Fix Plus Ready to Use Grout 10kg Plastic Tub

https://www.diy.com/departments/sika-pave-fix-plus-ready-to-use-grout-10kg-plastic-tub/35728_BQ.prd

Dave7

Legendary Member
I scarified this lawn last Tuesday. 6 dumpy bags of crap.
Seed sown Tuesday PM Is starting to germinate

View attachment 425870 View attachment 425871
I need to do mine.
Q. Did you hire a scarifier?
Q. What will stop birds eating the new
seed ?

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Thanks in advance, I realize that some stuff takes a year or two to get a reasonable size. I've just planted some tree lupin seed a month ago and they've germinated so will be in the greenhouse overwinter to get them a bit bigger before the sale, but they'd be better in a year or so. Will message you my address if you don't mind sending some seeds? Happy to swap if I've got something you want.

I'll happily send you some!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Germination is going well and the whole lawn is looking thicker. Still a few sparse bits where I hit it hard

DE32AC22-3ABE-4E0B-B0FF-C3E4BFDFEF9E.jpeg
427581CB-4995-4F3B-8DEC-5A05E87B9036.jpeg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Is that you house?

Yes

Dave 123

Legendary Member
It looks very nice,is it a full rectangle around the green?
What age is it and is it a listed building?

It's a new build. I built it 4 years ago in kit form. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Ok, I'll stop being naughty..... I work there

Corpus Christi College, Cambridge

Lifted from Wikipedia-

Old Court
Built in the 1350s, Old Court contains some of Cambridge's oldest buildings, and retains many of its original features, such as sills and jambs used to hold oil-soaked linen in the days prior to the arrival of glass. The court is the oldest continually inhabited courtyard in the country (a claim disputed by Merton College, Oxford, which says the same of its Mob Quad). It is possibly built from the core of an even older building. Four sided, it typifies the model of construction of the colleges in Oxford or Cambridge.[3] A passageway connects Old Court to Bene't Street. Due to its age the rooms are large and contain antique furniture but lack basic facilities and plumbing. In 1919 the ivy was removed from Old Court and a roughcast rendering was put in its place, followed by a major restoration in 1952 paid for by donations from old members.

During the summer months students are permitted to sit on the lawn in Old Court and garden parties may be held whereas, like other Oxbridge colleges, normally only fellows are allowed to walk on the lawns.[27] There is a large plaque, on the northern wall, dedicated to Christopher Marlowe and John Fletcher, both famous playwrights who studied at Corpus.[28] Standing inside Old Court one can see the tower of St Bene't's Church, the oldest building in Cambridge, and the Old Cavendish Laboratory where the structure of DNA was solved by Watson and Crick[29] and groundbreaking work on the structure of the atom was conducted by J. J. Thomson and Ernest Rutherford.[30] Around 1500, the master, Thomas Cosyn built a brick gallery which connects Old Court with St. Benet's Church; the gallery is now part of an Old Court room set.

Top Bottom