Gardeners!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I’ll be getting seeds and growing these next year for sure!!
They are quite easy to grow. Just keep the slugs and snails away.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Some Streptocarpus what I grew

50AAEFA5-E710-4984-A1AA-4A01969FDE5B.jpeg
92AD6AAD-F7BC-4D52-86FE-8089767BB112.jpeg
0E96BC94-D710-4FD7-92E9-E892DF5BE3A0.jpeg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Here’s a good one. I planted this Asian Pear as a young bare root tree back in the winter. It was doing well until the heat wave. No matter how much water I gave it, it defoliated.
Now after a brief rest it’s decided it’s spring

D13F2B98-E57D-4286-8A06-56636693EFD0.jpeg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Ideas wanted for "which flowers" to plant.
Having cleared an area and planted roses I have now cleared a 2nd area for flowers/plants.
The area gets the sun from 12.00.
It measues approx 8' x 2'6"
Soil is good but I have no idea of acidity etc.
Its right opposite the conservatory so We want........
Longest flowering possible (most important).
NOT INVASIVE (made that mistake before)
Plenty of colour
Easy maintenance
I did think Geraniums but read that they like early morning sun rather that afternoon/hot sun.
Any ideas welcolme.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Buddleia.

Should I prune it now or in the spring.

Just got planted this year so needs prunning to get it into shape, but I neither want to kill it not be accused of harbouring an unkempt bush?
Ta

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Buddleia.

Just got planted this year so needs prunning to get it into shape, but I neither want to kill it not be accused of harbouring an unkempt bush?
Ta

Now so you get buds forming for spring. TBH you can’t really go wrong, but neither will buddleia ever be in shape or anything other than unkempt. Looks nice growing out of derelict factory chimney stacks though.

D

Deleted member 1258

Buddleia.

Ta

I do mine in the spring, cut them back to between 2 and 3 feet. The amusing thing about my Buddleia is that they were supposed to be a dwarf variety, not supposed to make more than 4 to 5 feet high, they usually make between 6 and 7 feet high during the summer and would be bigger if I didn't prune them regularly.

Top Bottom