Gardeners!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
I don't pay the bill.....!!!

It's alright for some!

I need a way of getting the plants growing in my shed but will need a good constant temp plus the current low power lighting. This year will have to be a box in our bedroom until the weather turns enough to get them outside.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
It's alright for some!

I need a way of getting the plants growing in my shed but will need a good constant temp plus the current low power lighting. This year will have to be a box in our bedroom until the weather turns enough to get them outside.

I’ve found your (expensive) solution

https://www.harrodhorticultural.com/propagators-cid81.html

Jody

Stubborn git

Vita pods were the heated prop of choice on a couple of UK chilli forums I used to frequent. Great pieces of kit but I couldn't justify the outlay. Really like how they can be raised as the plants grow and are have adjustable thermostats.

The heated prop you see above was £8 from B&Q and the LED panel above it was £6 with 21w and about 1100 lumens. Slightly more budget conscious :laugh:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Vita pods were the heated prop of choice on a couple of UK chilli forums I used to frequent. Great pieces of kit but I couldn't justify the outlay. Really like how they can be raised as the plants grow and are have adjustable thermostats.

The heated prop you see above was £8 from B&Q and the LED panel above it was £6 with 21w and about 1100 lumens. Slightly more budget conscious :laugh:

A chilli forum..... interesting.

Goes off to google.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
A81FB8F6-C8F1-4022-9EC6-C72A668AC93D.jpeg
Hellebores

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
IMG_20190131_121450_909.jpg

And everyone's favourite..
Loads of delicious Kale :rolleyes:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I planted out my beetroot seedlings and then the weather turned cold. Not to mention hail, rain and wind.
Hopefully they're tough enough to survive

Jody

Stubborn git
I've decided to have a decent run of chillis this year so I can clear out all the older powders for some fresh. Bought a cheap LED panel from Ebay to assist growth while natural light levels are low. It has now been modified so the light output is 5x that of how it arrived. This has caused an explosion of growth over the last 10 days. Looking to be on track for some decent size plants when the weather improves and its time to kick them out of the house.

When do people recommend to start their tomatoes so not to be too early? Only ever done from seed once as they are so cheap in the local garden centers. But my son want to grow his own from seed this year.

20190404_173415.jpg

I've decided to have a decent run of chillis this year so I can clear out all the older powders for some fresh. Bought a cheap LED panel from Ebay to assist growth while natural light levels are low. It has now been modified so the light output is 5x that of how it arrived. This has caused an explosion of growth over the last 10 days. Looking to be on track for some decent size plants when the weather improves and its time to kick them out of the house.

When do people recommend to start their tomatoes so not to be too early? Only ever done from seed once as they are so cheap in the local garden centers. But my son want to grow his own from seed this year.

View attachment 460856

Sow end of Feb and plant outdoors end of May.
So get sowing ...

Top Bottom