Gardening 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndreaJ

Veteran
I have been to a Planthunters Fair today at Hodnet Hall which is fairly close to me. I tend to buy plants I like then worry about where to put them so this is my next job.
02F68103-3D5F-429A-8E15-3F19F9648734.jpeg

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
And the lawn is starting to look good now too…..will get its second cut later today

D

Deleted member 1258

This Campanula was brought on Tuesday morning and planted on Tuesday afternoon, its got its first flower and is covered in buds already, Thats five similar to this I've brought this summer and they've all been like this.

Hicky

Guru
The roses have been left alone however I've been picking up the dead leaves as they're blighted with black spot.
They've grow substantially and given and continue to give good blooms, one is dying off however I've planted that out(I was trying to save it in a pot until I'd moved onto a project but hey ho I'll take cuttings and make my own rose garden in time.
The dahlias are coming on a treat, the pond is gone with some considerable effort and the verbal help of next doors 7 y/o who's isolating waffling constantly at me:laugh:
I don't know what to put in its place....:whistle:

postman

Legendary Member
Going out weeding soon,my word this year has been a weed year.They just keep popping up.What with being away in Whitby then two days in Lancashire again doing in laws cleaning.I have looked around this morning and thought ah well its just a few hours.So all you good folk out there see you later.

D

Deleted member 1258

I spent yesterday afternoon in the garden, I drove past the local B & Q in the morning and they'd got a load of bedding plants on clearance, I got 25 plants for 2 quid and spent the afternoon dotting them about the garden filling gaps between the perennials.

postman

Legendary Member
I spent yesterday afternoon in the garden, I drove past the local B & Q in the morning and they'd got a load of bedding plants on clearance, I got 25 plants for 2 quid and spent the afternoon dotting them about the garden filling gaps between the perennials.
Well that explains the sudden appearance of plants in our garden Thursday,Mrs P went for lunch to a garden centre next day all these plants were in.It makes sense i like a good bargain,and the garden looks better.

postman

Legendary Member
Weedkiller I mentioned is Resolva comes with a handy spray gun attachement.It's the one in the blue colour and at the moment has 20% extra inside it.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Just planted out some gem lettuce and some mixed leaf rip and regrow lettuce……also harvested my first betroots as they had lifted out of the ground………

D

Deleted member 1258

Having lost a large Hebe to this years late frost I was left with a gap in the border, there was a Daisy and a couple of other plants that were planted around the hebe and that was that, I had also moved one of my bush Geraniums (Cranesbills) to the front garden so I had a gap to fill, two of the Dahlias out the front were getting slaughtered by the bugs so they were moved to the back and a Vebena hastata was added, then some alpines, and I brought some bedding plants that were on offer to fill in the gaps, I'm pleased with the way its come out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hicky

Guru
Having lost a large Hebe to this years late frost I was left with a gap in the border, there was a Daisy and a couple of other plants that were planted around the hebe and that was that, I had also moved one of my bush Geraniums (Cranesbills) to the front garden so I had a gap to fill, two of the Dahlias out the front were getting slaughtered by the bugs so they were moved to the back and a Vebena hastata was added, then some alpines, and I brought some bedding plants that were on offer to fill in the gaps, I'm pleased with the way its come out.

View attachment 599145
Whats scoffing the dahlias? I've got some out, half have been eaten and the other half haven't:wacko:

D

Deleted member 1258

Whats scoffing the dahlias? I've got some out, half have been eaten and the other half haven't:wacko:

I haven't got a clue, we don't have a big slug and snail population, I tried an Earwig trap and only got a couple, so I don't know, they got after some annuals I planted as well, they leave alone the established plants in the garden, we do have Grasshoppers in the front garden but I don't know how many or how much damage they can do.

Top Bottom