Gardening leave

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
Yes, got a new role with a competitor and thoroughly looking forward to it after working for that tosspot!

Careful........
I don't know about your industry, but in mine the first rule of survival is "never insult anyone, he could be your next boss".

My current boss (CEO of a multinational PLC), was a little fat twenty something kid that I showed the basics to some 25 years ago on the first day he started full time work when we were both at different companies, and out of 1,500 employees around the world I have worked with at least 40 of them in different companies at different times.

OP
OP
P

pauldavid

Veteran
Careful........
I don't know about your industry, but in mine the first rule of survival is "never insult anyone, he could be your next boss".

My current boss (CEO of a multinational PLC), was a little fat twenty something kid that I showed the basics to some 25 years ago on the first day he started full time work when we were both at different companies, and out of 1,500 employees around the world I have worked with at least 40 of them in different companies at different times.
Oh I was careful not to insult anyone as I also work in quite asmall community of people and paths do cross from time to time.

The pleasure came from telling a man who has dinosaur like man management skills I was going and watching the realisation dawn on him that this is one situation he cannot control.

Two things have surprised me since my decision was made public. Firstly, the lengths they are going to in order to try and keep me within the business. This won't be happening despite a very lucrative financial offer as I won't work for that man for a moment longer through choice. And secondly, the number of colleagues who have openly told me they are pursuing other opportunities for the same reasons.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't give a sheet what my bosses at like, although I'm fortunately my current boss is an excellent and conscientious copper and a nice bloke.

Bosses come and go, the likes of me remain, and whether a boss succeeds or fails is largely down to how me and my group of crusty old farts decide to play ball. Most of us in our gang - but not quite me yet- can retire at a moment's notice, which is very liberating. Makes it a lot easier to do what's right for the public, for the victim, and not what's convenient at that moment in time for some career hungry upstart.

A couple of years ago we had some young upstart hotdog swagger in and tell us he was the boss, and if we didn't like how he did things we were only 28 days away from changing it. Strangely enough it wasn't anyone from "team Last of the Summer Wine" that had left within 28 days.

Brains

Legendary Member
Oh I was careful not to insult anyone as I also work in quite asmall community of people and paths do cross from time to time.

The pleasure came from telling a man who has dinosaur like man management skills I was going and watching the realisation dawn on him that this is one situation he cannot control.

Two things have surprised me since my decision was made public. Firstly, the lengths they are going to in order to try and keep me within the business. This won't be happening despite a very lucrative financial offer as I won't work for that man for a moment longer through choice. And secondly, the number of colleagues who have openly told me they are pursuing other opportunities for the same reasons.

A company I worked for, for many years ended up with a complete knobber running the company, When I left I started a landslide and within 3 months every single experienced person had left, to such an extent they the longest serving employee had only been there 18 months.
they eventually had to close the office completely as there simply were not enough experienced people to run it, as no one in the industry would work there

Top Bottom