Garmin 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The 25 looks quite good actually but once you add speed and cadence sensors it's not so cheap and courses limited to Garmin connect but it's the kind of computer which would do me.

[QUOTE 4272213, member: 45"]I got mine with sensors for around £100 at Christmas. It's not limited to Garmin Connect door courses is it?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure. What the reviews say is you can't drop a file on it. So it's possible that anything that can directly connect to it might be able to create a course on it. Garmin Connect is mentioned as a definite but whether something like ridewithgps could as well I don't know.

Try it and let me know!

[QUOTE 4272552, member: 45"]I will. I thought you could just drop files in, but haven't tried it yet.[/QUOTE]
Received wisdom on the interweb is that you need to convert to a .FIT file if you have a .tcx file and put that on the device but courses seem to be problematic which is a bit disappointing so be nice to hear how you get on.

Aldi have the 25 for 79 squid..................I'm tempted. Currently my fr305 is in demand from Mrs C and son2 for running, meaning sometimes I don't get first dibs, despite it being mine.

I'll think on.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 4272552, member: 45"]I will. I thought you could just drop files in, but haven't tried it yet.[/QUOTE]

Received wisdom on the interweb is that you need to convert to a .FIT file if you have a .tcx file and put that on the device but courses seem to be problematic which is a bit disappointing so be nice to hear how you get on.

On most Garmin Edge gps devices you drag and drop the tcx or gpx file into the 'new files' folder on the device. No need to convert to a fit file.

AlanW

Guru
I bought one and wasn't impressed to be honest. The battery duration isn't brilliant, plus it has a unique charging lead and it cannot be charged on the move I don't think?

On the plus side, its nice and small. So small in fact I couldn't read the data screens!

Why they stopped production of the Edge 500 I'll never know, it ticked every single box IMHO

Top Bottom