Garmin 200 500 or 800?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
im also trying to work out which to buy i am doing lejogle in 18 months can the 500 have routes preloaded what does the bread crumb route actually mean cheers
The breadcrumb trail means all you see is what you need, it shows the road you're on as a line with a pointer showing the way to go, it then also shows junctions as you approach them. It works really well IMO, and even beeps and shows course alert if you miss a turn, then the pointer rotates to show the direction you need to go in to get back on course.

Just Google Garmin 200 screenshots and you'll see what I mean :thumbsup:

The Eighth Man

I have the 200 does everything I need and got the cash back about a week after registering with Garmin. I also bought the extra mount so that I can fit it to my single speed bike, road bike and MTB.

OP
OP
craven2354

craven2354

I got a garmin edge 200 off of the for sale bit of the forum for £65 very pleased with it and does everything I need for now :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Finally got an email from Garmin saying my cashback cheque is on it's way.
Only bought it in bleedin' July.... no rush there then. :laugh:

lejogger

Guru
I've not had problems with courses but will certainly look now. Did have issues after firmware upgrade and have to manually upload activities to Garmin Connect now instead of automatic as it just hangs.
Do you regularly delete the rides after uploading them? the more stored data, the longer it takes to find them, and can certainly give the impression it's hanging. Clear the archived data and then try again, it should be much faster.

Top Bottom