Garmin 200 500 or 800?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Hold reset until it counts to 3 or down from 3 or whatever then it goes into the history. Accessible on device, or by plugging into a pc and uploading to Garmin Connect.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Pressing it again stops the timer. Once timer is stopped, hold reset/lap and it will count on screen. Once this has been done you can view it in the history menu, or plug into a pc and upload to Garmin Connect, you can upload direct from the device to the Garmin Connect website or Strava etc in your browser, each site will install a plugin to get the data when you 1st use it.

musa

Über Member
Pressing it again stops the timer. Once timer is stopped, hold reset/lap and it will count on screen. Once this has been done you can view it in the history menu, or plug into a pc and upload to Garmin Connect, you can upload direct from the device to the Garmin Connect website or Strava etc in your browser, each site will install a plugin to get the data when you 1st use it.

thank you i had the 200 which was much simpler to use lol

musa

Über Member
Same, the functions are different with the side buttons too with 500 you have to press and hold for on/off but with 200 one press its on

Does the 200 give your grid reference?. I prefer to use the A4 size 1:5000 OS maps when out but I would like to check the GR.

redcard

Veteran
I've had a 200 for a couple of months, but I'm now extremely close to justifying my need for an 800 ^_^

I don't know the roads round this way very well, so I usually stick to my commute route or the cycle paths. The only time I venture elsewhere is when I'm out on a club run. The 800 would be awesome for preparing solo runs, and learning the local area.

Top Bottom