Garmin 200 500 or 800?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcard

Veteran
No worries. FWIW it works brilliantly, and it shows just what you need which is why I like it. I just want to glance at it and see what I need, not a screen full of stuff I don't, that's why I couldn't justify an 800.

I'll maybe give it a try splashing out on the 800.

Thanks for the tip

Thomk

Guru
No worries. FWIW it works brilliantly, and it shows just what you need which is why I like it. I just want to glance at it and see what I need, not a screen full of stuff I don't, that's why I couldn't justify an 800.
Yep, works great for me too. I've used it many times, on a short tour, a couple of sportives etc and I consider it the 200's best feature.

musa

Über Member
yeah works well but on my 500 its loses and then finds itself again had this issue on my solo ride on saturday to Brighton

maybe firmware update?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yeah works well but on my 500 its loses and then finds itself again had this issue on my solo ride on saturday to Brighton

maybe firmware update?

Musa, there are well known problems with the course/routes with the 500. Subsequent firmware updates have not fixed it either. Garmin are aware of this and refuse to do anything about it. Check out the Garmin forums. There is plenty to read about the problem.

This is one of the reasons I bought a 200 as well as having a 500. The 200 I use for courses and routes. The 500 for logging of rides.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Odd, not been made aware of problems with courses before. Other than a few periods of extended "drawing" my 500 has been fine with courses, I use them on nearly every ride! I must be lucky :tongue: Although maybe the annoying locating time is the flipside to even things out!

I am thinking about buying an 800, but daren't pull the trigger with the new Garmin due!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Odd, not been made aware of problems with courses before. Other than a few periods of extended "drawing" my 500 has been fine with courses, I use them on nearly every ride! I must be lucky :tongue: Although maybe the annoying locating time is the flipside to even things out!

I am thinking about buying an 800, but daren't pull the trigger with the new Garmin due!

Should have said, It's usually for courses/routes over the 40-50 miles mark.

degraaffray

I have a 500 and bought my girlfriend a 200. Both are good imho but 200 doesn't have wireless. not a problem if you don't want cadence or heartbeat sensors and speed probably not quite as accurate as measured using GPS only, but she loves it. Still has all the benefits of Garmin Connect etc.

I've not had problems with courses but will certainly look now. Did have issues after firmware upgrade and have to manually upload activities to Garmin Connect now instead of automatic as it just hangs.

Got email today from Garmin re cash back offer on the 200 saying cheque has been posted today. Took a few months and several emails so if you're waiting you need to chase them.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Cheque arrived today ^_^

sSp_clangrats.gif

Bill-H

slow and steady
im also trying to work out which to buy i am doing lejogle in 18 months can the 500 have routes preloaded what does the bread crumb route actually mean cheers

Top Bottom