Garmin 200 500 or 800?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
:wacko:

Peteaud

Veteran
garmin_edge205_overview_en.jpg

Peteaud

Veteran
Now that ive just found out its not a 200 and checked the price of a 205 i did rather well from ebay.

Bought it for £70 all in and its in mint condition with all the leads and software etc.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
205 is a good machine.
Was my first GPS machine and served me well for a couple of years until it died.
Replaced with the 200.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Says Edge 205 on the front.

Argh, there was me just going through EVERY option on the 200 ! :tongue:

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
Argh, there was me just going through EVERY option on the 200 ! :tongue:
same here!! at the moment its Average speed, Ascent and Calories that are selectable or scrolling on the bottom line… not time of day, shame as every basic bike computer seems to have a clock

henshaw11

Depending on what you feel's important, it might be worth a look at the Etrex 30 (buttons) or the Oregon (touch screen and larger than the Etrex). They'll both pick up ANT+ for cadence + HR (but not power or speed as with some of the Edge units). They use AAs so you don't need a separate battery pack on long treks as with the Edges (the Etrex manages about 24hrs iirc), but I guess there's some cycle computer related functions you don't get - eg you can log HR, and current HR is shown on the display (which is customisable for what's displayed), but you can't set limits or see average HR - you'd have to upload for analysis elsewhere.

Top Bottom