Garmin 200.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I do not have a mount for my Garmin 200 as they are both attached to my other two bikes.
I have two questions to ask:
1- Is it possible to buy only the mount?
2- For now, if I keep the Garmin in my pocket, will it still work?
Many thanks for your considerable knowledge and useful answers.

vickster

Legendary Member
What sort of mount? Yes you can buy the ones that go on bars or stem, or the out front ones

It's very easy to transfer either mount across, why not just do that, you are only using one bike at a time ;) even only takes me a couple of minutes!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
............just to add re keeping the Edge in your pocket, I used to try running with mine in my pocket and I found the signal dropped quite often. Think it ideally needs a line of sight towards the sky to work well.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Should work in your pocket.. Who knows how accurate? But will work..

On the other hand the mounts are very cheap and like someone said easy to transfer..

(if none of this works for you and you have 145 to spare I am selling a brand new 610 watch bundle)

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Thank you all. I have just tried amazon and found an out front one for £6.99 so I ordered it and should be here by next Wednesday. In the meantime, if the weather improves tomorrow, I shall transfer one mount from one bike to this one.

Citius

I do not have a mount for my Garmin 200 as they are both attached to my other two bikes.
I have two questions to ask:
1- Is it possible to buy only the mount?
2- For now, if I keep the Garmin in my pocket, will it still work?
Many thanks for your considerable knowledge and useful answers.

Yes and yes.

............just to add re keeping the Edge in your pocket, I used to try running with mine in my pocket and I found the signal dropped quite often. Think it ideally needs a line of sight towards the sky to work well.

The signal does not depend on line of sight. Same way that your phone doesn't.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yes and yes.The signal does not depend on line of sight. Same way that your phone doesn't.

Well, it did say on the instructions of my Garmin 200 that it is supposed to be mounted facing up to the sky.
On saying that, I've been walking with it in my pocket and it registered the distance and time.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
When I park the bike outside the supermarket on the way home, I take the Edge 200 off and put it in my pocket. It then faithfully records my perambulations up and down the aisles of Pershore's Asda. This demonstrates that I am an incompetent shopper and ruins the average speed for the ride. It does show that I move quickly enough in the shop to beat the auto pause function.
Except when in the beer and cider section. :cheers:

Top Bottom