Garmin - 2nd Bike - Strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huwsparky

Über Member
Hi guys/gals

Looking for some advice on how to make sure I log milage to the correct bike in Strava as I've just bought another.

I've setup a different different bike both on my Garmin and Strava.

Ideally I'd just like to know what I need to do to get my Garmin to log things correctly as I seem to be going wrong somewhere! A step by step idiots guide would be gratefuly appreciated

Thanks.

13 rider

Guru
I use a mobile and when I get to the screen to put in ride name there is a bike choice drop down menu . not sure how you upload viaca Garmin but worth looking for said menu .
Hopefully a Garmin user will be along in a bit

OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
Thanks all.

I'm possibly going to have to change how I do things a little then. I usually come home, plug in Garmin to laptop and that's it as far as the PC goes. No big deal if I have to manually do things in strava I guess. I've set my new bike to 'priority' or whatever it was so I'm guessing strava will now use that bike by default anyway.

I was just curious if I could use change between bikes on Garmin and have everything done automatically.

Tommy2

Über Member
It might not be the same as the Garmin 910xt but with that I press and hold the mode button to select between swim, ride or run. When I select ride it gives me the option of which bike I want to from the ones that I have set up on the unit.

OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
Thanks
It might not be the same as the Garmin 910xt but with that I press and hold the mode button to select between swim, ride or run. When I select ride it gives me the option of which bike I want to from the ones that I have set up on the unit.
Thanks, I have a 500. I don't have it with me at the moment but I'll have to have a better play with it to see if I can make things a bit easier.

I'll try your suggestion :thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Strava doesn't recognise the profiles. It will still call it Bike 1 or whatever even if you have two Garmins. I don't bother changing it

Top Bottom