Garmin 500 segments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David_widnes

Veteran
Has anyone else noticed a problem with Garmin 500 not recording any segments , I have check back on all my rides since October last year and none have recorded any segments even though I know I have crossed them , all the other ride info is correct and saved but the segment option is giving the message " no segments were crossed"

Debade

Über Member
I am not exactly sure what a segment is but today was the first time that 1/2 my ride was not recorded. I rode to my destination and turned off my Garmin as I often do to save the battery. When I turned it back on and started to return home, the Garmin took a long time to pick up the signal. The 'working' message was on the screen. I turned it off and on. Finally, the screen came on but I noticed it had zeroed out the miles I had already ridden. When I plugged it into my computer to record the miles, the first half of the ride miles were not recorded. I know they were there before I turned off the Garmin.

If I can answer any questions, let me know. I do not check all the time so if you do have a question, so be patient.

Top Bottom