garmin 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paxterg

Veteran
I am pondering whether or not to buy the Garmin 500 bundle (HRM and cadence package).
Chain Reaction has it for £224.99, Halfords £189.99 (but none in stock as yet) It is alot of cash for me, does anyone have any experience or thoughts?

stu1903

Über Member
Depends what you want it to do. I have the GArmin Edge 705 and love it! To be honest it has more functions than I need but it's a great device.

I used to use Endomondo on my mobile but had issues with the GPS and then battery drainage so bought the Garmin.

I would buy another one. Have my eye on the Garmin Edge 800 but don't have the pennies, or pounds or hundres of pounds to buy it!

I got it on special offer without the cadence and HRM and absolutely love it. I got the cadence monitor for Christmas, and will add in the HRM when my old Polar one dies. It's perfectly usable on its own, which means you don't have to pay it all at once. A word of warning though - it has a bug when following courses. If you set a course over 40 miles it will freeze. So don't buy it if you want to add long routes and follow them.

looe

Edge 500 is an amazing device. I used it for years and still works a treat. I have cadence and HR and upload all data to Garmin Connect. Job done.....

Chrisz

Über Member
As above - a cracking bit of kit for monitoring and recordung ride data. Not that good as a satnav though.

Top Bottom