Garmin 530 any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon_m

Guru
Ok cool. I get a update every now and again for my 1030, i get a message on my screen and plug it into the PC and garmin express. Yep I use Basecamp to make and export my maps then copy them to my garmin, all works fine. I have found since making the routes in 2019'ish, that some of the roads have changed, or have new road layouts, thats why I was asking about map upates. My old edge300?, just has a sim card which doesnt update with new maps. cheers

Mike_P

Guru
There's only been one map update since I got my 530 and that was last week when I used Garmin Express - and that took over an hour to download & install. There was no on-screen notification of any update on the 530 and I only knew about it when I connected to Express.

Thanks for the info, mine so far has been 38 minutes preparing the device for an update that was stated to take less than that to install :banghead:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
untill you use express any device will not know , my explore is the same .Half wishing i had gone for the 530 when i had the chance as the battery life on the explore is pretty dire in comparison

After reading about the update here I synced my Garmin last night. Didn't want to wait until Sunday and be delayed starting the ride.
I think it took about 20 mins to update but not sure what exactly was updated.

Top Bottom