Garmin 530 probs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
My 530 did something weird on Sunday. Had just gone round a a roundabout when it came up with sharp bend in 400m, then 500m....it was counting away from the roundabout!

Dadam

Über Member
My 530 did something weird on Sunday. Had just gone round a a roundabout when it came up with sharp bend in 400m, then 500m....it was counting away from the roundabout!

GPS glitch?

freiston

Veteran
There's a route I do about twice a year for an overnight camp, following a route on the 530, and every time on the outward journey that I get to a particular stretch of road, the Garmin starts bleeping at me and telling me to make a U turn - even thought there were no wrong turns available for me to take before the "error message" and even though I know I'm on the right road in the right direction and the map view on the Garmin shows the route and that I'm on it in the right direction.

I did consider that there might be an issue with the .gpx file that I uploaded and I have tried deleting it and recreating it - albeit using the same online planner - I still get the error on that stretch of road.

Top Bottom