Garmin 705 or SatMap ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
itisaboutthebike

itisaboutthebike

Über Member
Well lots of people have read this - but no replies ! Oh dear !

Rob S

itisaboutthebike said:
Well lots of people have read this - but no replies ! Oh dear !

When you started the thread neither were released.....but Satmap is now and here's my review;)

Dormouse

SatMap review in latest Trail magazine. They sound keen on it apart from a rubber cover for USB port that keeps falling off. They also rave about the quality of the box that it comes in! See also Trail forum on countrywalking.co.uk.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
What do you want out of it?

If you stick to roads and are just interested in getting to where you want and having a record of where you've been and how fast etc, the 705 is better.

If you go off road, or want to know about the area you are passing through, the Satmap is better.

will

Heart Cadence Power

It certainly depends what you want. The 705 also provides Heart, Cadence and even Power compatibility.

I don't think Sat Map does any of those.

I love my edge 305 and will likely get the 705. As an aside for mapping I have used a Garmin etrex vista C (which for years has provided navigation and color mapping for a bike) its only drawback for me was no HRM/Cadence

jashburnham

will said:
It certainly depends what you want. The 705 also provides Heart, Cadence and even Power compatibility.

I don't think Sat Map does any of those.

I love my edge 305 and will likely get the 705. As an aside for mapping I have used a Garmin etrex vista C (which for years has provided navigation and color mapping for a bike) its only drawback for me was no HRM/Cadence

+1 for the Edge. I have a 305 but will be getting a 705, quite annoyed that I bought a 305 now; clearly it was just a stopgap product, the 705 looks the real deal.

Peter

Does anyone have a release date for the Garmin 705? Was hoping to put it on my Xmas wishlist :rolleyes:

skids

I was hoping to add one to my Christmas list too......

All I can find out is 'expected release Q1 2008'

So it's on my birthday list instead!

Peter

Fantastic - I've pre ordered, so hopefully will not have to wait much longer.
Better be worth it !!

Top Bottom