Garmin 800 Gone Home?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
As my Devonian Dad would say! I got caught in a truly Biblical rain shower yesterday. My G armin 800 was fine for most of the ride but then went a bit mad. I saw an error flash up and then the screen went all, like, psychedelic man!

I switched it off and on again on the ride and, although it had lost time from it's acid trip, it still was working. The error message read:

"The accessory is plugged into the incorrect adaptor." That was last night. It has spent some time drying and now we have a different message:

"XM receiver is not supported." I will give some more time but has anyone else seen these messages? What was the outcome?

Sounds like mine before it died completely. I was able to bring it back to life a few times by pluging it into a hardwired mains usb rather than pc usb cable and leaving it over night. I don't rightly know why though and it never worked with a mates 800 which done the same. :wacko:

OP
OP
Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Strange thing is, I used it tonight on the rollers and it seemed OK.
I still get the XM message but OK that and it boots up. It sees the speed/cadence sensor and the HRM strap. It recorded the 45 minutes and as I rarely bother downloading the thing, it'll do for now. Judging by your reply @HLaB I won't be too surprised if it fails.

D

Deleted member 26715

Delete all the activities that's what I had to to make mine reliable again

Top Bottom