Garmin 800 Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Guys

I cycled a route the other day and its one I am going to do again, this was a route that I didn't plan I just went out and cycled.

As I am planning on doing the exact same route I am wanting to race against my previous time using the split screen option on the garmin 800.

I am wondering how I set it up so I can track if I am behind/ahead from my previous time, will this automatically happen when I start cycling or do I need to set anything up manually?

Thanks

Hi Guys

I cycled a route the other day and its one I am going to do again, this was a route that I didn't plan I just went out and cycled.

As I am planning on doing the exact same route I am wanting to race against my previous time using the split screen option on the garmin 800.

I am wondering how I set it up so I can track if I am behind/ahead from my previous time, will this automatically happen when I start cycling or do I need to set anything up manually?

Thanks
I've never directly set up a previous ride as a route on the device itself, so not sure if it's possible.
The way I've done virtual partner rides in the past is to export a file of the ride from Strava using this:
http://strava-tools.raceshape.com/vpu/ and then import it to the garmin the usual way. (Drop it in Garmin/NewFiles on file explorer)

Not sure about the 800 but certainly on the 500, once you've imported a route into the garmin and selected it before setting off, it will set up the virtual partner for you - you can verify that it works by going to the map view and it will show you a "distance to start" or similar if correctly set up.
Hit start and it will kick off the virtual partner as soon as you cross the start waypoint of your imported route.

Happy racing ^_^

Top Bottom