Garmin 800 sunlight issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I realise it a silly question, but at one point on a ride I could not see the screen at all. I mean its small as it is and it was so bright I simply got lost.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

thanks

sam

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I realise it a silly question, but at one point on a ride I could not see the screen at all. I mean its small as it is and it was so bright I simply got lost.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

thanks

sam
switch to night mode permanently in options

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sunglasses?
IGMC
@samsbike - if you were actually wearing sunglasses when you experienced the problem... I've seen discussions about polarising filters on GPS screens and sunglasses. Sometimes the orientation of one clashes with the other. If a GPS seemed too dark through sunglasses, try rotating the glasses and see if the screen becomes easier to read. If so, then you'd have to try different glasses, peer over the top of them, or cycle along with your head tilted to some crazy angle! :laugh:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
@samsbike - if you were actually wearing sunglasses when you experienced the problem... I've seen discussions about polarising filters on GPS screens and sunglasses. Sometimes the orientation of one clashes with the other. If a GPS seemed too dark through sunglasses, try rotating the glasses and see if the screen becomes easier to read. If so, then you'd have to try different glasses, peer over the top of them, or cycle along with your head tilted to some crazy angle! :laugh:
That might work: if people think you're a nutcase with the bizarre head orientation, social distancing shouldn't be a problem.

OP
OP
S

samsbike

Guru
Well I didn't have sunglasses on as they don't have my prescription lens and I can't read the Garmin

Top Bottom