Garmin 810 Crashing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianbarton

Veteran
My 810 has been pretty reliable. However, over the last couple of days I have used it for navigating on routes of about 80km. I don't usually use it to navigate, just record rides. On both days it crashed completely (turned itself off) around 50km. Is this a known "feature". I have the latest firmware installed.

MichaelO

Veteran
I have had exactly the same happen in the last couple of months - including half way through a ride to Paris last weekend (very annoying!). From what I can gather, it's been occurring more often since the last firmware update, and in particular when navigating using a ridewithgps created course.

Very annoying, particularly as it loses the ride!

OP
OP
ianbarton

ianbarton

Veteran
I have had exactly the same happen in the last couple of months - including half way through a ride to Paris last weekend (very annoying!). From what I can gather, it's been occurring more often since the last firmware update, and in particular when navigating using a ridewithgps created course.

Very annoying, particularly as it loses the ride!
I use ridewithgps, so that might be part of the problem. Luckily I had my Etrex 20 running, because I was a bit wary of the 810 crashing. So, I have the track info, but not the HR data.

MichaelO

Veteran
For the rest of the ride to and back from Paris, I was running my phone as well. Spend decent money for a gps device, which then doesn't do what it's supposed to do :wacko:

Top Bottom