Garmin 820 how bad in the wet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
I'm looking to replace my Garmin 520 which was stolen in April from in what is supposed to be secure building where the staff who have access are supposed to be the ones stopping theft.... Not that I'm still bitter.

Anyways.... I've given up hope of it being returned or "found". The annoying thing us it's never been really registered with Garmin connect who have now blocked it.

(if anyone has bought a second hand 520 head unit with a gouge in the start button and a little ding on the top left of the body and can't register it let me know - I have the box and the accessories to go with it and can unblock it)

I liked the form factor of the 520 and it rarely let me down. The only bugs being that it sometimes took 5mins to find GPS and the navigation was a bit poo especially as it needed planning and downloading.

As much as I'd love a 1030 for navigation I can't afford it and it's probably too big for everyday use. So I was looking at the 520 Plus however I have notice the fully featured 820 can now be had for less than the 520 plus.

I believe the downside of the 820 is the touchscreen particularly in the wet and with gloves... How bad is it?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i think all the garmins have the same rating , i am using an 800 and cant say i have had issues

Top Bottom