Garmin Bluetooth Help Required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Bit of a long shot, but has anyone got any sage advice on this. I have just changed phones from a Sony Xperia XZ to a Xperia 5ii. I use a Garmin Edge 520 which uploads via Bluetooth. The devices have paired, but the connection drops out after circa 3 seconds then reconnects after 7 seconds or so and keeps repeating this.
It is frustrating the hell out of me and a google search is showing nothing specific. The phone is a relatively new model, but it is using a tried and tested operating system and pairs with the bluetooth connection in the car perfectly. The Edge used to pair fine with the old xperia and I have done a full factory reset which has made no difference.

Help!:banghead:

My 130 struggled to hold a bluetooth connection with my old phone for more than few seconds. The phone never had a problem talking to my laptop or kindle via bluetooth After updating the bluetooth drivers and the edge it would occasionally hold a connection long enough to upload. When the phone died though I never had a problem with the new/ current one syncing to the garmin. It might not work but try making sure you've got the latest version of every piece of software. I found out how to update the blue tooth drivers on the phone after googling it.

OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
My 130 struggled to hold a bluetooth connection with my old phone for more than few seconds. The phone never had a problem talking to my laptop or kindle via bluetooth After updating the bluetooth drivers and the edge it would occasionally hold a connection long enough to upload. When the phone died though I never had a problem with the new/ current one syncing to the garmin. It might not work but try making sure you've got the latest version of every piece of software. I found out how to update the blue tooth drivers on the phone after googling it.
I've updated the Garmin and the Xperia is on Android 10 shortly to be updated to 11 so should all be good but it just won't maintain the connection. I might ask Sony UK to see if they have any advice or are aware of a conflict. :blush:

I've updated the Garmin and the Xperia is on Android 10 shortly to be updated to 11 so should all be good but it just won't maintain the connection. I might ask Sony UK to see if they have any advice or are aware of a conflict. :blush:
I had a Samsung and I got the idea of searching for Blue Tooth Drivers from a Samsung Forum. Why on earth I had to update them separately from the OS was beyond me :wacko: Maybe try googling your phone and blue tooth problems and see if any forums suggest anything. Good luck:okay:

Top Bottom