garmin broke my garmin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
:gun: well, one of their software updates did...turned the edge on yesterday before a ride and it 'verfied' an update...then switched itself off again and wouldn't fire back up. reset it, removed some files under instruction of garmin tech help, reset it again annnnnnnnnd...same thing happened. result? send it back to us and we'll replace it. that's fair enough and their support team were very good (brownie points to the lad, mark, that i spoke to). 3 weeks before i get the new one though and that's pretty frustrating :sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Which Garmin and update was it?

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
I'm betting its the 500.
Mine has just been updated :smile:

Works fine

P.S.
Instructions should be followed regarding removing files from unit before update :smile:
ian and tanis - yep it is the 500. 'i was only following orders' when i updated the thing. wouldn't have done silly stuff to it on purpose. ho-hum :dry:

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
3 Weeks :ohmy: when they replaced my 305 it was done within a week!
when they tell me 15 business days, i'm guessing 3 full weeks - perhaps they're covering their butts and it'll be here sooner than that but i'm not going to hold my breath.

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
<48 hour turnaround on my broken Edge 500!
:ohmy: that's impressive service!
i have received an email from them with a work order type number in it, stating that they've received my poorly Edge but that's more down to me sending it the same day it busted and insuring the little bugger so it got there in a timely fashion. let's see how fast they get one back to me, eh? the fella on the dog said that they'd be replacing it, so there should be no time wasted in twiddling tiny screws and such...i want it back by monday. that sounds like a fair deal dunnit?

paxterg

Veteran
When I log onto the Garmin connect I see the message;
Firmware Update
A firmware update is available for your Garmin Edge 500
Your version: 2.8
Latest version: 3.2
Get Started
When I press the "Get Started" should I then download the Garmin Web Updater?

deadpool7

My Garmin auto GPS just "bricked" after their last update. Through email they told me it would cost $110 to repair. I called and after 30 minutes they agreed to exchange it for free since it happened after their update.

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
When I log onto the Garmin connect I see the message;
Firmware Update
A firmware update is available for your Garmin Edge 500
Your version: 2.8
Latest version: 3.2
Get Started
When I press the "Get Started" should I then download the Garmin Web Updater?
that's what i did - and you can see the results :dry: the lad i spoke to told me, in not exactly these terms that...'we know we've ballsed up with this update. those that have the skillz have put a fix in place...try this....'
AFAICT, the fix is working fine for some so you shouldn't have an issue but not for all and not for me :angry:

Top Bottom