garmin broke my garmin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glenn

Veteran
From the above thread, it might be worth a try.

"Nice one, that seems to have worked.

I held all 4 buttons down for about 15 seconds. Nothing happened, but when I plugged it into my laptop it came to life and finished the update. I dont appear to have lost any settings either, so bonus."

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
From the above thread, it might be worth a try.

"Nice one, that seems to have worked.

I held all 4 buttons down for about 15 seconds. Nothing happened, but when I plugged it into my laptop it came to life and finished the update. I dont appear to have lost any settings either, so bonus."
oooh lucky! :smile: an update on the saga - UPS will be delivering my replacement...today. excellent turn around, garmin. well done. still, could have done without all the shenanigans in the first place.

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
it's back :smile: not a replacement, according to the paperwork, a refurb' - i'm about to plug it in. if you should look out of the window in 5 minutes time and see a small mushroom cloud on the horizon, don't panic, that'll just be me, going nuclear cos it hasn't worked. ttfn :thumbsup:

paxterg

Veteran
Updated my Garmin, not is auto pauses on its own.Disabled the autopause and now it wont give me my heartrate as a percentage of my max. Is holding the 4 buttons down a hard reset?

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
my little blue bundle of wonder is working again - excluding the weekend, I do believe that was 3 days to turn it around. that's pretty impressive but going by what others have said and posted, they've done themselves no favours with that update - silly sausages.

Top Bottom