Garmin Cadence and Speed Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rliu

Veteran
Hi, I had lost my speed sensor on a ride a while ago and hadn't tried to use the cadence sensor for a while anyway, as I was mostly commuting to work only and didn't see much point in using my Garmin 500 or Strava on my phone either. The current situation has given me more time at the weekends to do longer rides and I'd like to get the cadence data again, but it seems like the 500 is not showing any cadence readings - is this because the Cadence and Speed Sensor have to always be used as a pair?

Tenkaykev

Guru
Hi, I had lost my speed sensor on a ride a while ago and hadn't tried to use the cadence sensor for a while anyway, as I was mostly commuting to work only and didn't see much point in using my Garmin 500 or Strava on my phone either. The current situation has given me more time at the weekends to do longer rides and I'd like to get the cadence data again, but it seems like the 500 is not showing any cadence readings - is this because the Cadence and Speed Sensor have to always be used as a pair?
I don't think that's the case. Might be worth changing the battery.

OP
OP
R

rliu

Veteran
Thanks everyone. Figured there is a drop down option in the menu to select Cadence Sensor only rather than Cadence + Speed, this setting has allowed the data to come through.

Top Bottom