Garmin communicator plug...sigh..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I sit just me or is Garmin Communctor on the blink yet again?
My Laptop sees the Grmin edge unit and it goes to upload the activity, but then I get a warning saying I dont have garmin communicator installed...which I did yesterday and the previous few years....and its still there today, but they still say i don thave it.....so I re install garmin communicator...same issue, only this time it tells me i dont have it even though i just installed it 2 minutes before and ran it etc and it confirmed i downloaded and installed it...even though it says I don thave it....HUH?????

I'm not fick....I use Garmin every day of my life....and it is a continuos comdedy of errors.

Moan whinge whine moan....but with good reason...Garmin has to be th emost user unfriendly software ive ever used.

Vent over.
Bah.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::laugh:

Communicator's not been working within Chrome on my Mac for a few weeks, so I've been 'upload from file'-ing into Endomondo and just navigating through to the Garmin as a drive and loading from there. By the time I've done that Garmin connect seems to have magically updated Strava too... but I do worry that Chrome is no longer supported by Communicator :sad:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I sit just me or is Garmin Communctor on the blink yet again?
My Laptop sees the Grmin edge unit and it goes to upload the activity, but then I get a warning saying I dont have garmin communicator installed...which I did yesterday and the previous few years....and its still there today, but they still say i don thave it.....so I re install garmin communicator...same issue, only this time it tells me i dont have it even though i just installed it 2 minutes before and ran it etc and it confirmed i downloaded and installed it...even though it says I don thave it....HUH?????

I'm not fick....I use Garmin every day of my life....and it is a continuos comdedy of errors.

Moan whinge whine moan....but with good reason...Garmin has to be th emost user unfriendly software ive ever used.

Vent over.
Bah.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::laugh:

You can borrow my Flatnav if you like.
92 Ambleteuse.jpg

Cubist

Still wavin'
I now get an error message to say that Garmin communicator will not work in any way with Chrome, but they have a "handy" shortcut which opens up Explorer instead, :cursing::cursing:

Whats Garmin communicator?
I use Garmin express to sync the Forerunner 15 (plug it into usb and it does it's stuff - syncs, charges the watch and looks for new software.
Then go to Garmin Connect to view the data. Used both last night without any bother at all.

Same story with the Garmin Swim (even with a ANT+ dongle) and Edge 1000

edit; Oh, and I only use Chrome

Mine seemed to deny all knowledge of Communicator recently, so reloaded and installed over the top of the installed version. A bit of faffing and it's working again. I use Firefox and an eTrex Legend HCx. (One step up from a Flatnav).

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
bu tim using express....it simply keeps insisting on communicator....(no automatic uploads) jus t communcator messages......bloody confusing...and it all worked great yesterday...

I Gave up on garmin express 2 weeks ago I just select all in strava and export them across.... had another go tonight I have got too little hair to waste by tearing it out so gave up again.....

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I'm another who has been using Garmin Express for ages, normal routine of plugging my Edge into laptop and a couple of minutes later all is uploaded to Garmin Connect and auto link to Strava. However, since Tuesday this week I have also been getting a message that I don't have Garmin Communicator installed and that Garmin Express no longer works with Chrome. The only way I've been able to get my activities on Garmin Connect has been to upload them old-school stylee after loading Garmin Connect through Internet Explorer :wacko:

bpsmith

Veteran
I get the message saying to install, on my Mac. I just go back to the Upload page and start the process a second time and it works perfectly.

Top Bottom