Garmin Connect or Strava?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
i'm still not sure how you get the data from garmin to strava… anyone care to share the secret? ;)

Automatic upload via Garmin Connect/Garmin Express
Activities uploaded to Garmin Connect™ can be automatically synced to your Strava account.

1. Visit strava.com/upload/device.
  2. Find the Garmin section and click Get Started.
  3. Choose the Connect with Garmin option.
  4. Enter your Garmin Connect™ log-in credentials to authorize a link to Strava. If you don't already have a Garmin Connect™ account, you'll be prompted to create one.
Once you've established this connection, any activities uploaded to Garmin Connect™ will automatically sync to Strava within minutes. No need to wait on the upload page; the new activities will appear automatically. After your first upload, we'll even sync your past 30 days of Garmin Connect activity.

blazed

220lb+
If you want to export your entire ride history from one to the other you can use https://tapiriik.com

Dibdib

Powered by Jelly Babies
Once you've synced Garmin to Strava you can then also sync it to VeloViewer and go for some really deep analysis. :wacko:

It'll cost you a tenner, though, these days. I really liked VeloViewer but I don't like sites which are free for ages and then hold my data ransom, turn around and say "oh that'll be a tenner next week or you can jog on".

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
It'll cost you a tenner, though, these days. I really liked VeloViewer but I don't like sites which are free for ages and then hold my data ransom, turn around and say "oh that'll be a tenner next week or you can jog on".
Just pay up front and treat it as a normal purchase. No probs.:smile:

Dibdib

Powered by Jelly Babies
Just pay up front and treat it as a normal purchase. No probs.:smile:

That's not the point - it's the guy's attitude. If he's willing to screw his users over once, chances are he'll willing to do it again and that's not someone I want to do business with.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
That's not the point - it's the guy's attitude. If he's willing to screw his users over once, chances are he'll willing to do it again and that's not someone I want to do business with.

It's a free market and if that's your choice, then that's fine.:smile:

young Ed

Veteran
Use Garmin Express, it uploads to GC and syncs to Strava if you set it up.
i second this, that's how i set mine up. when i get home after every ride i just plug the garmin into to PC and after 30 seconds or a minute get a notification saying garmin express has synced the data from my garmin and it is ready to view at garmin connect and then i just let the garmin charge up to full so it's ready for the next ride whilst i review my ride on strava, much more user friendly than GC and i admit i do like the odd segment
Cheers Ed

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I use a Garmin 510.
At the end of a ride all I have to do is stop the Garmin and save the ride. It then automatically uploads via Bluetooth and WiFi as I'm putting the bike in my garage - ready to view on Strava and VeloViewer as I sit down for a coffee.
Brilliant! :thumbsup:

Robeh

Strava Premium I Use.
I Noticed Today On connect Some Segments I did,But It Dont Compare With Strava IMO..

Both for me too. Not using a cycling unit (yet - but should be soon ^_^). Have no bother connecting Forerunner 15 and sync via usb/express. Appears very shortly afterwards in Strava.
Only started using Strava recently and wouldn't say theres a great deal of content difference between it and GC, GC might have more detail but then I'd expect it from a Garmin device (Garmin S. There's not many segments locally on either of them so doesn't make much difference.

Top Bottom