Garmin Connect Question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Hi all,

Finally bought myself a Garmin Edge 510, and really impressed with it. Loads of information at hand and even more to analyze on the PC. I'm sure the 510 will open new avenues in my cycling, both on and off road.

I'm getting to know how to work its many features, but Garmin Connect might take a little more time!!

I'll probably be back to you guys for more tips in the near future, but if anyone out there might be able to help with a couple of immediate issues I'd really appreciate it.

First: I have configured my 510 to read in metric, but when I hook it up to Garmin Connect the information about my rides is shown in miles and feet etc. Are any of you wise people able to tell me how I might be able to change this to metric too? Thanks.

Second: I'm not currently using the 510 through my phone to send information to Connect as, at the moment, I only have a very limited data package on my contract. However, I would like to be able to upload some of my riding data to Facebook on occasions. When I have the 510 synced to Connect, and my ride data on screen, there is a tab entitled "share" but it is not highlighted, so won't allow me to send data to Facebook. Any ideas on how this is done please people?

Thanks for any help you guys might be able to give this rather technophobic cyclist, and of course........ Happy New Year!

Cooper645

Have attached two screen shots, first shows how to change in settings the display unit, the second how to view and then share an activity to facebook.

HTH

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that Connect is not worth me investing any further time in.

Heaps of problems a few days ago and now not available due to internal server error.

Huge amount of complaints on Garmin FB page - all ignored.

Rubbish.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that Connect is not worth me investing any further time in.

Heaps of problems a few days ago and now not available due to internal server error.

Huge amount of complaints on Garmin FB page - all ignored.

Rubbish.

It's been working fine for me today. And just checked a few seconds ago.. once again.. running fine.

It is strange that some people never have problems with Connect yet others do. Very strange.

Tends to be a bit on and off for me. Sometimes it takes a few attempts, or a bit of a wait before trying again before a device will sync. Dunno if it's down to Garmin trying to run it's server on a ZX Spectrum or more hopefully maintenance to update and improve their software as it really needs it.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It's been working fine for me today. And just checked a few seconds ago.. once again.. running fine.

It is strange that some people never have problems with Connect yet others do. Very strange.

Has worked fine most of the time for me since last August but last week or so it has been awful.

If it is caused by work going on behind the scenes then so be it - it would really help if Garmin communicated these things though.

As a long term user of Garmin products (mainly eTrex) they have a history of being less than stellar with responding to and resolving issues.

I quite like the Connect Modern set-up - I can get most of what I need in an easily digested format although I wish it was more customisable.

It's just that I have got frustrated with thing seither not working or with internal server errors.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
i do use connect but dont really bother with it tbh....use stava far more tbh

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Only recently set up a Connect account, as I've only had my Garmin a couple of weeks. Everything set up OK, but I have had some issues since, mainly during last weekend. Had trouble opening Connect due to a "server error" and when I finally did get on it, I was just about to save a route I had created when it just disappeared and another error message came up. As I'm a relative newcomer to the whole Garmin/Connect scene I just thought it was me being dumb.

Overall I'm fairly happy with Connect, but it does sound as though Garmin need to up their game in correcting issues and communicating with the very people that keep them in a job.

Have to say that I'm loving the Edge 510 though.

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Get sorted out OP? Hope you were able to ignore the subsequent moaning. Some people clearly didn't read the thread :whistle:
Yes, thanks matey. The two issues in the original post are all sorted, although I wouldn't say I'm totally sorted with Connect overall, as I'm a bit of a technophobe. Think I'm pretty well up to speed with what I need at the moment though. Thanks again.

man in black

Just bought the Tourer Plus however I can import from my strava onto the Garmin account a route using gpx file, but cant seem to put the route onto my Garmin unit, can someone help me please on how to sync this onto my unit please

Top Bottom