Garmin Conundrum!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Hi all,

I have just purchased the current latest Garmin speed and cadence sensors. Having followed the (minimal) instructions, I have managed to pair both sensors to my Edge 510, but, for the life of me, I cannot seem to get them both working at the same time.

I paired them both separately, making sure they weren't within 10 metres of each other at the time of pairing. The 510 is set to speed AND cadence, but after a good few tries I can't get both the speed and cadence icons on the 510 to show simultaneously.

Any of you guys experienced similar difficulty, or have any suggestions as to what this techno-phobe might be doing wrong? Any tips or advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Check theres no grease on the contacts or battery, that can cause pairing issues

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I have a 510 and the newer speed and cadence sensor, and in the faint mists of my memory I think I had some issues but I can't remember if I resolved them. I don't use the speed sensor any more (maybe that was my solution) and just use the GPS.

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

I have a 510 and the newer speed and cadence sensor, and in the faint mists of my memory I think I had some issues but I can't remember if I resolved them. I don't use the speed sensor any more (maybe that was my solution) and just use the GPS.
The goodness for YouTube!!

I found a 3 minute video on how to sort this issue. Basically you pair the sensors separately and then scroll down and select the "speed and cadence" option. The 510 then displayed both sensors. I wouldn't have lost too much sleep if the speed sensor had been an issue, as the GPS will obviously give that information anyway. However, I just thought having paid £45.00, it SHOULD work. I am led to believe that the figures from the speed sensor will be slightly more accurate than the GPS, but I can't imagine it is a major difference.

Anyway.......all sorted!

Top Bottom