Garmin edge 1000 snapped fixing lugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ha anyone managed to get a new back for their computer ? One of the lugs snapped off on mine today .

si_c

Guru
Ha anyone managed to get a new back for their computer ? One of the lugs snapped off on mine today .
https://www.dogearsgps.com

PaulSB

Legendary Member
When my 810 jumped off its’ mount a few weeks ago it hit the road at 25mph and the lady behind me rode over it.

My Garmin was broken and out of warranty. Went to the Garmin website for repairs and support. It was replaced for £85!

If they will do this for an 810 I would expect you to get a good response with a 1000

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Just spoken to Garmin and have been quoted £196 for a new unit . They wont do a repair as it will break the water proof seal on the unit . They advised to buy the third party fix and they will still cover the unit for £196 should anything else go wrong .
Just bought the dog ears and total including postage to the uk was £21.37

Gary E

Veteran
I'm shocked! - "wont do a repair as it will break the water proof seal on the unit"? I could understand this if you were taking it to a third party but Garmin??? That really is poor service!

I've always had really good service from Garmin, that's one of the reasons that I keep buying their products (705, 800 and 1000 so far). But, if this is the way they're going to be dealing with their customers then I'm afraid they'll lose a lot of customer brand loyalty.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I'm shocked! - "wont do a repair as it will break the water proof seal on the unit"? I could understand this if you were taking it to a third party but Garmin??? That really is poor service!

I've always had really good service from Garmin, that's one of the reasons that I keep buying their products (705, 800 and 1000 so far). But, if this is the way they're going to be dealing with their customers then I'm afraid they'll lose a lot of customer brand loyalty.
Out of warranty so i guess offering to replace the unit for £300 less than i paid isnt that bad . Still not good considering its a design fault IMHO but there you go .
I looked at the raceware product but its just more plastic glued on . The dog ears are belt and braces .

Top Bottom