Garmin Edge 200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin57

Hi all, I appreciate the edge 200 is a quit old piece of kit but it does what I want from it. I am having issues uploading my data on the Garmin Express. It come up with , there was an error syncing with Garmin connect. I has been working but it hasn't uploaded the last 2 rides.
Has anyone any ideas please

Drago

Legendary Member
I too love the simplicity of my 200.

Mine was ok last time I did and upload (today). Have you tried copying the files to the computer and uploading them from there instead?

I had a 200 and other older usb upload units and its usually a corrupt file causing the issue and you just need to go into the history or connect via usb and delete them. A soft reset won't fix it as the corrupt file will still be there. A full factory reset will delete them but you'll lose all your settings its better just to delete the corrupt file (usually the last one before it failed).

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I had similar issues with a different Garmin unit. It was not a 200 so details are irrelevant except to say that ... it was quite a few years old at the time and a factory settings reset sorted it and yes, I had to re-enter all of my settings, which was a minor faff.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
when I had that issue the answer was to update garmin express
garmin express is problematic at best , atm it asks me to log on when it starts up which it never used to then when i do it keeps asking me to do it till i close the window , if im only uploading to strava i would just load directly onto the website rather than syncing via express
And i loved the 200 so much i just got one off fleabay , sold mine to a workmate when i got a a 520plus but its overkill for commuting .

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Mine stopped working on Garmin Express about two years ago. Following @DC Lane advice, I did a factory reset and hey presto, all is well again, back on Garmin Express.

Last edited:
garmin express is problematic at best , atm it asks me to log on when it starts up which it never used to then when i do it keeps asking me to do it till i close the window , if im only uploading to strava i would just load directly onto the website rather than syncing via express
And i loved the 200 so much i just got one off fleabay , sold mine to a workmate when i got a a 520plus but its overkill for commuting .
I don't know if its the same thing G Express kept on asking me for a password after an update yesterday also and didn't let me in until the 3rd attempt when I clicked close too :wacko:

OP
OP
C

Colin57

Many thanks for all your replies, its nice to know there are so may helpful people on here. I believe someone said it is probably the last ride that is corrupt. The last ride I did was uploaded ok so I manually deleted the second to last ride i did and still getting the error message. I think I will do a full factory reset and hopefully that will sort the problem.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Have you tried connecting the 200 to a computer and seeing how many files are in the "Activities" folder on it? From a bit of Googling the 200 will hold around 130 hours of ride data so you may have a full memory and will need to delete some of the files to free up space.

I have the 500 which does something similar so I generally back up the activity files to my PC and then delete the lot from the Garmin every couple of months just to be sure.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Many thanks for all your replies, its nice to know there are so may helpful people on here. I believe someone said it is probably the last ride that is corrupt. The last ride I did was uploaded ok so I manually deleted the second to last ride i did and still getting the error message. I think I will do a full factory reset and hopefully that will sort the problem.
If its a time stamp issue this might help ?
https://www.fitfiletools.com/#/top

Top Bottom