Garmin Edge 305 problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
I just plugged it into my laptop post ride to import the data into Sportracks. It couldn't find any, despite it showing in the history on the Garmin itself.

Switched it off and on again to be greeted with a continuous beep, which has been going for 10 minutes now and as you can imagine is rather annoying!

The power button doesn't work and it doesn't look like you can take the battery out.

Any ideas? Bury it under some pillows until it runs out?

Hope it recovers, I love my Garmin:sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
the Garmin customer support are very good.

zacklaws

Guru
Try doing a reset, hold the "mode" and the "lap" button in. This sorted my problem out when the power button stopped working. As for the beeping, I have no ideas.

Try motion base forums as they may have an answer about the beeping which is where I found out about the power button becoming inop

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
I've done the reset and got rid of the beeping (thank god!) but it's still playing up - occasional lock ups, random beeping, switching itself off, and I still can't download my ride data.
Waiting for Garmin to get back to me but it doesn't look good. I've had it under a year but got it on ebay and I think it was a refurb...

yello

Joe said:
Iand I think it was a refurb...

Ah... I've read that they're of variable reliability. I was offered an exchange for my 305 when I asked about a display problem. I decided to stick with the devil I knew!

I hope they can sort it for you. Have you tried a hard reset? (The one you did before was a soft reset). You'll loose all your data but it might clear the problem. I've had to hard reset mine maybe 2 or 3 times in as many years.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Get on to the customer support by telephone, they should be able to talk you through the problems and a complete reset.

Joe said:
Waiting for Garmin to get back to me but it doesn't look good. I've had it under a year but got it on ebay and I think it was a refurb...

Top Bottom