Garmin edge 500 with attaching problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dudigrinfeld

Suddenly my garmin can't attached properly to the garmin mount. It turns freely like if the bottom part of the garmin which swing on the mount and get attached by 90 degrees spin, turns without locking.
Anyone had this experience?

MisterStan

Label Required
Have the lugs broken off? Have you tried the second mount that came with it?

OP
OP
dudigrinfeld

dudigrinfeld

Have the lugs broken off? Have you tried the second mount that came with it?
Yes exactly I didn't know how it called but it seems it got worn out and yes I tried 2 different mount, same issue. Is there a way to replace this bottom part of the Garmin device? The device work perfectly but can't mount it to the bike so end up useless.

OP
OP
dudigrinfeld

dudigrinfeld

I did sent an email last night
Just came back from the morning riding without the computer, it is not the same!

screenman

Legendary Member
Cling film wrapped around it and the mount or bars works well.

OP
OP
dudigrinfeld

dudigrinfeld

Place the garmin in it's mount and stretch some cling film over it and around the mount to hold it in place ;)
Now I got you I didn't know what cling film is about. Would it be enough to warp it around the device only to add thickness so it will seat properly on the mount without warping the mount as well?

screenman

Legendary Member
Spread the cling film tight over the top of the Garmin an leave enough to wrap or tie behind the bars, I have used this method for many years with HRM, speedo and garmin in both cross and MTB events. It keeps them cleaner, drier and more secure.

Top Bottom