Garmin edge 500 with attaching problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dudigrinfeld

dudigrinfeld

My simple logic telling me every time you need to connect your Garmin to the computer, this way, you have to unwrap the all thing, right?

OP
OP
dudigrinfeld

dudigrinfeld

Here how my problem looks like
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371218018.959549.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371218029.236518.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371218047.610465.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371218058.436696.jpg

OP
OP
dudigrinfeld

dudigrinfeld

I am not under warranty anymore since I have it more than 2 years so it is still an issue they will take responsibility for?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Call Garmin, tell them the issue, it is a common issue and thus they may sort it free of charge (they did for me). If they won't do it free of charge, expect a bill of around £62! Fast turnaround though for sure! Took about 48 hours for mine.

OP
OP
dudigrinfeld

dudigrinfeld

I spoke with Garmin Support, a long process but they are replacing my device under complete warranty even though I was out of warranty. Good service!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I spoke with Garmin Support, a long process but they are replacing my device under complete warranty even though I was out of warranty. Good service!

A long process? Rather simple, print out the slip they email to you and post it all to them, they will acknowledge receipt and you will receive a new, reconditioned unit in a matter of days.

Once again Garmin comes up trumps with their customer services.

A lot of companies can learn a lot from them.

They are good with stuff like this, but terrible in other aspects of customer care.

OP
OP
dudigrinfeld

dudigrinfeld

I meant I was with them on the line for 1 hour most of it on hold but the representative took care of it A to Z. I also had to email him the pictures I have posted here. So was long call but worth it, yea.

OP
OP
dudigrinfeld

dudigrinfeld

]They are good with stuff like this, but terrible in other aspects of customer care.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

Like what for example?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Like what for example?

Like REPEATEDLY releasing products which are running what is essentially beta firmware and treating paying customers as beta testers. Then not having any sort of internal communication so being completely unable to help with issues because what is a "known issue" to some people is "a new one" to another. Thus rendering a product virtually un-useable for approximately 10% of the warranty period.

Some of the issues the latest devices had (basic data logging and averaging) simply should have been spotted long before beta testing even began!

Top Bottom